Learning advanced modeling techniques takes practice. Use the file called Tuke_Template_Caricature.max (found below) to create a bust of a celebrity or a character of your choosing. Your head must include the following:
Don't just add on shapes!
- Use the Symmetry Modifier to slice your model in half. With this modifier applied, whatever you do to one side, will be applied to the other side
- When you add the Edit Poly Modifier, go to the "Modify" and then "Edit" tab to quickly access "Swift Loop" to add edges
- Keep the model LOW POLY and focus on large shapes and details
- Since you're making a caricature, think about EXAGGERATED features (see the demo reel above created by DePaul students)
- Try your best to re-work the bust to really capture the personality of your character