By the end of the unit, you will be able to answer the following questions.
- How has the work of civil engineers and architects shaped society? How is the work of civil engineers and architect shaped by society?
- What is the difference between the art of architecture and civil engineering and the science of architecture and civil engineering?.
- How will civil engineers contribute to the solutions of the Grand Challenges for Engineering? (http://www.engineeringchallenges.org/cms/challenges.aspx (Links to an external site.)
- What abilities and interests do you possess that could translate to a career field related to civil engineering or architecture?
- What strategy would you use to form a design team in order to obtain the best design possible?
- Is it ever advantageous to create a design or solve a problem individually as opposed to using a team approach? Explain.