3.1.1 Keystone Library Renovation
3.1.2 Land Use and Development Regulations
3.1.3 Commercial Wall Systems
3.1.4 Commercial Roof
3.1.5 Structural Efficiency
3.1.6 Commercial Floor Systems
3.2.1 Structural Forms
3.2.3 Beam Analysis
3.2.4 Beam Analysis Short Cuts
3.2.6 Beam Design
3.2.7 Floor Framing Design
3.2.8 Foundation Types
3.2.9 Sizing a Spread Footing
3.2.10 Spread Footing Analysis
3.4.1 Differential Leveling
3.4.2 Parking Lot Design
3.4.3 Soils Testing
3.4.4 Web Soil Survey
3.4.5 Storm Water Management
- What is the difference between land use regulations and building code requirements?
- How do land development regulations help or hinder development in a community?
- Fill in the blanks to describe the overall difference between residential construction and commercial construction: ___________ versus ______________. Support your answer with specific examples of construction practices.
- Are building code requirements too strict to allow creativity and unconventional design solutions?How do Land Use and Development regulations help or hinder development in a community?
- How would you describe the mathematical skills and knowledge necessary to analyze and design a structure to a student thinking about taking CEA?
- What cross-sectional shape provides the strongest beam? Justify your answer.
- Why do buildings fall down? How can we prevent future structural failures?
- What does the expression “Form follows Function” mean? How does it relate to structural engineering?
- How does residential building project design differ from commercial building project design? Describe at least three differences and three similarities.
- How could differential surveying be used by a typical homeowner to provide better results for home improvement projects? Explain using at least two home improvement project examples.
- What does the aboriginal proverb – “touch the earth lightly” - mean with respect to building project design and development? What current design and construction practice best represents this philosophy? Explain your answer.